Helminths, popularly referred to as worms, are parasites that live in the human body and cause various deviations. This disease is called helminthiasis. Specialists can name several hundred helminths, among which pinworms, roundworms, cat flukes and others are the most common. Such parasites, although they cause many problems, do not pose a particular threat to health. But there are other organisms that can cause irreparable damage to the human body, these include echinococcus, alveococcus, bovine tapeworm - a tapeworm that can reach several meters in length.
There are many reasons for worms to enter the body, this can happen if:
- a person neglects the rules of personal hygiene;
- does not respect the hygiene rules in the preparation of food;
- eat poorly processed thermally foods;
- eat unwashed fruits and vegetables;
- does not wash his hands after contact with animals;
- bathes in a polluted river or lake;
- was bitten by an insect (although infection through a bite is extremely rare);
- often located next to a diseased helminthiasis.
Symptoms of helminthiasis
How to get rid of helminths if the presence of most of them has no pronounced symptoms? Despite this, there are some very telling signs:
- difficulty with bowel movements - some types of helminths can block the intestines, causing constipation;
- diarrhea - frequent diarrhea may indicate helminthiasis, as these parasites secrete substances that cause watery stools;
- gas formation is a fairly ordinary phenomenon, but if this has been observed for more than 14 days, then most likely the worms have settled in the body;
- allergy - substances secreted by worms are synthesized in the body by eosinophils - these are cells that cause allergies;
- muscle and joint pain - worms make their way into the muscles and move there, which is the cause of the pain;
- deterioration of appearance - with helminthiasis, external signs of infection often occur - wrinkles, acne, rashes, dry skin, brittle nails, hair loss may appear;
- change in body weight - the body reacts to a foreign invasion by increasing weight, and if the weight decreases, this means that parasites derive useful substances from it;
- anemia - helminths suck nutrients from the blood, which leads to a decrease in hemoglobin in the blood;
- severe itching of the anus - a symptom occurs due to the release of worms from the body;
- grinding your teeth in a dream;
- increased fatigue - an acute lack of nutrients leads to fatigue and apathy;
- insomnia - the body begins an active fight against helminths, then restless sleep or insomnia may appear;
- fever and cough - the presence of helminths can cause breathing difficulties and symptoms of acute respiratory infections.
Before fighting with worms, you need to pass tests to identify them.
What are dangerous worms
In evolution, parasites perfectly adapted to the internal environment of man. Most often, people suffering from helminthiasis, who come to the hospital with various diseases, do not even suspect that they are caused by the presence of parasites in the body.
Almost all worms have small hooks or suckers with which they firmly cling to the walls of the intestine and other organs. They spread throughout the body, attacking the liver, gallbladder, heart, intestines, and even the brain. The insidiousness of helminthiasis lies in the fact that very often doctors can misdiagnose, confusing the symptoms. How to remove worms from the body, preventing their destruction? It is very important to know that curing worms is only half the battle, because the decomposition products left after them continue to poison the body. Therefore, it is necessary to get rid of them as soon as possible.
Methods of treatment
There are two ways to remove worms from a person - this is drug therapy and traditional medicine. Eliminating worms with medicines is divided into three phases: preparatory, therapeutic and restorative. Medicines are broad and narrow spectrum. Broad-spectrum drugs can kill any type of parasite, narrow-spectrum drugs are prescribed for the treatment of a certain type of worms. The most effective are:
- carbamic acid methyl ester - available in tablet form, treats enterobiasis and tricuriasis;
- derivative of tetrahydropyrimidine - is available in the form of a suspension or tablets, is prescribed for the treatment of ascariasis, enterobiasis and others. This drug can also be used during pregnancy, but prior consultation with a doctor is required;
- derivative of benzimidazole carbamate - there are 3 types - suppositories, powder and tablets, in a child it helps to remove pinworms. It is also prescribed for bovine and porcine tapeworms, Giardia and nematode. The drug destroys not only adult parasites, but also their larvae.
There are still many drugs that help recover from both worms and their breakdown products. But the disadvantage of conservative treatment is the toxicity of these drugs, as a result of which the patient after treatment has a headache, indigestion, allergies, general malaise and fatigue. By destroying parasites, drugs simultaneously damage the microflora of the whole organism, and in this regard, alternative medicine is an excellent alternative to conservative treatment.
Folk remedies offer many ways to get rid of worms without resorting to the use of pharmaceutical preparations. They practically do not cause side effects, gently cleanse the body and help it restore its functions.
Treatment of worms with herbs
How to get rid of worms at home with the help of various herbs? For this purpose, special plants with antihelminthic properties are collected, decoctions and tinctures are prepared from them.
- Dry blend of cloves, tansy and wormwood.Take the herbs in equal parts, mix and eat 5 gr. of this mixture every day on an empty stomach, drink plenty of warm water. The course of treatment is 30 days.
- A decoction of absinthe.This remedy for worms in small quantities is very effective, but if it is overcome, it has a negative effect on the body. Mix centaur and wormwood in equal proportions, separate 30 gr. mixture, pour a glass of water and simmer in a water bath for 30 minutes. The decoction should be drunk half an hour before going to bed.
- Infusion of celandine.Grind the leaves and roots of the plant, separate 20-30 grams, pour 200 ml of boiling water, wrap in a towel and leave to cool. Then strain the mixture and take it twice a day for 3 days. Celandine belongs to the category of poisonous plants, but in small quantities it is absolutely safe and very effective in treating stubborn pests.
- Tincture of elecampana.Mix in equal proportions elecampane root, tansy flowers and dried cranberries. Separate about 40 gr. and pour a glass of water. Boil the mixture over low heat for about half an hour. Drink 5 tablespoons for 7 days.
Treatment of worms with folk remedies includes the use of products that are available to everyone. Onion has an excellent antimicrobial effect and is also used in the fight against helminthiasis:
- cut the central onion a little with a knife, pour a glass of warm water, leave overnight. In the morning on an empty stomach, drink onion tincture;
- twist the onion in a meat grinder, squeeze the juice, combine with the juice of a three-year-old aloe and a spoonful of honey. This mixture should be consumed three times a day;
- Twist a few medium onions through a meat grinder, pour half a liter of vodka. Infuse for 10-12 days, then strain and take one tablespoon three times a day before meals.
It is important to know!The categories of people who are prohibited from taking alcohol medications can use water infusions.
Traditional medicine offers several ways to quickly get rid of worms with garlic:
- rub a clove of garlic on a fine grater, mix with a liter of warm boiled water and make an enema before going to bed;
- crushed garlic add a glass of warm milk and drink before bed, this method is effective in treating a child from worms;
- make a mixture of garlic, egg yolk, salted herring and hot milk. You need to take it in 100 gr. several times a day, such a remedy is very effective for tapeworms.
Other remedies for worms
There are many ways to get rid of worms. This can be done using conventional means.
Pass a few green walnuts through a meat grinder along with the shell. Bring a glass of water to a boil, salt a little and pour the walnuts over it. Wrap the mixture and leave for about 3 hours. Then strain and drink the entire infusion at a time.
Squeeze the juice of the sauerkraut and drink a few tablespoons on an empty stomach.
Five tablespoons of dry bark pour half a liter of vodka. Store for 7 days in the dark, shaking the container periodically. Strain the tincture and take a teaspoon three or four times a day before meals. The treatment time is 21 days.
There are several ways to get rid of worms in 1 day using pumpkin seeds. To enhance the anthelmintic effect, they can be combined with other products:
- seeds and honey - turn a glass of peeled seeds through a meat grinder, add a little melted honey and warm water. Eat the mixture on an empty stomach, drink a laxative after two to three hours;
- seeds and garlic - fry the seeds a little in a dry pan and mix with three large chopped garlic cloves. Add 20 gr. fresh honey, insist 12 hours and eat on an empty stomach.
- seeds and milk: grind the seeds and eat with warm milk.
Pumpkin seeds are one of the safest and most effective ways to get rid of helminthiasis.
Traditional medicine recommends several ways to get rid of worms in adults with cognac. And although many are skeptical of such treatment, when used correctly, this drink helps get rid of helminths quickly and safely.
Dilute 50-70 ml of cognac with the same amount of tea and drink before bedtime. When a person falls asleep, a mixture of cognac and tea helps the worms stay behind the walls of the internal organs, so they become especially vulnerable. 2 hours after taking cognac, you need to get up and take a strong laxative.
Treatment of helminthiasis in children
Traditional medicine provides many safe ways to get rid of worms in babies. This is very important, because the baby's body is still very fragile and vulnerable. But, unfortunately, children don't always understand the need for treatment. So that it is not unpleasant and painful, there are recipes that will appeal to the little patient:
- carrot juice and honey - mix freshly squeezed carrot juice with a spoonful of fresh honey. If the child loves carrots, you can simply grate them, add honey and let the child eat them;
- roast pumpkin seeds a little, grind, mix with honey. The child will eat this mixture with pleasure.
If the symptoms are threatening, herbal decoctions, garlic enemas and laxatives are used.
Any disease is better to be safe than sorry, therefore, to prevent parasites from entering the body, you need to follow a few simple rules:
- wash your hands as often as possible, especially after the road and before eating;
- wash all the vegetables and fruits eaten;
- subject to careful heat treatment of fish and meat products;
- cut meat, fish and vegetables on different cutting boards;
- limit contact with street animals;
- pets systematically show the vet.
Helminthiasis is a very unpleasant disease, but with proper treatment you can get rid of it very quickly.